Monday 15 August 2016

Stamplorations~ Tutorial~ Altered Frame

Good morning y'all and happy Monday! I'm here to share with you a fun altered project and tutorial I made for STAMPlorations


I love going to garage sales and picking up all sorts of odd and ends...usually to alter them in some way. A month ago I came across a frame with a quote inside...and knew I could turn it into something I could use to hang my lil' makes in my craft room.



Pretty, but not for me. So here's my process on how I altered the frame :

I started by taking out the center panel with the quote.



I gave it a good coat of gesso



I used Dylusions Calypso Teal Paint and gave it 2 coats.



After it dried, I used the Mini Honeycomb Delight Stencil with Lemon Zest Dylusions Paint and a mini blending tool.



While the frame was drying, I taped off the Mini Bold Florals Stencil so that only one them was visible. I then used Bubblegum Pink Dylusions Paint with the stencil onto tissue paper. I also stamped a few circles from the Artsy Border Maker with Black Archival ink onto the tissue paper. I then cut them all out.



I used flowers from the Big Bloom Factory stamp set and embossed them with white embossing powder onto watercolor paper.I used distress inks to color them up and then fussy cut them out.



Now here's the fun part. :o) I turned the frame over onto it's backside and grabbed some multicolored twine and a staple gun. I stapled the twine in different directions until I was happy with the design. I used heavy duty duct tape on the ends to ensure they stayed put.



I then added my tissue paper flowers, tissue paper circles and Big Bloom Factory flowers onto the frame with Matte Medium and Glossy Accents. I finished by adding some Liquid Pearls to the pink tissue paper flower centers.



Voila! I now have a fun and vibrant frame that I can hang my photos, tags, cards and ATC's in my craft room using mini clothes pins. :o)




I sure hope I've inspired you to go bargain hunting and altering items to suit your needs. :o)

Don't forget we have our
 http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2016/07/stencil-sunday-july-3.html
going on right now...why don't you come play along with us? 
It's always anything Mixed Media Goes except a card and you must use at least one stencil in your project. There's a $15 GC or choice of any 2 ARTplorations Stencils to be won! Plus Top Picks receive their choice of 1 ARTplorations Stencil..so come play along, you have until the end of the month to link up!


No comments: