Sunday 19 February 2017

STAMPlorations~ Sunday Stencil #84

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm sharing a journal page I made for STAMPlorations Sunday Stencil #84. The designers have created some fabulous mixed media projects to inspire you. You can find them  here so be sure to check them out and leave them some luv! :o)


I played with  ARTplorations Just Squares and STAMPlorations Groovy Lace Up Shoes. Here's my art journal page
I started by applying Brushos in Lemon,Gaboge and Vermillion with Soft Matte Gel  Medium. Once Dry, I stamped some flowers from the Groovy Shoes Set and Circles from the Artsy Border Maker Set in Blazing Red, Ultramarine and Sunflower yellow StazOn Inks.   I then applied black acrylic paint thru the Just Squares Stencil for my "Road". I created my border with the Artsy Border Maker Set with Jet Black Archival Ink and colored the centers with White Molotow Pen

I then stamped and embossed one of the Groovy Lace Up Shoes twice  so that they would be facing the same way ;o) onto water colored paper. Once it was heat set, I used SN Sparkle Pens to watercolor them in Aquamarine and Rose Quartz. These pens are great for watercoloring as they blend well with a water pen and add some pretty sparkle. :o) For the soles, I used SN Markers (Black, GG5 & IG7) and then used the Clear SN Sparkle Pens so they sparkled too. I fussy cut them out and set aside. Now I needed me some legs to do the walking...I couldn't find anything so I drew the legs and the skirt onto scrap cardstock and fussy cut them out. I adhered it all with the soft Matte gel medium and added some Gelatos for coloring and shading. I finished with by stamping my sentiment and adding some white highlights with my Molotow pen
There you have it...I know you probably have the Nancy Sinatra tune in your head...I know I did. ;o)

I hope you were inspired to play along in our Monthly Challenge, there is still plenty of time join in. Have a great weekend. :o)

   

1 comment:

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! Love the colouring on the shoes :)