Wednesday 1 February 2017

Jazz It Up!

Happy Wednesday crafty friends! Today I have a lil' card for you using the Gesso Resist Technique and the Jazz It Up image from Visible Image.  

 I started by scraping some Gesso onto Strathmore Mixed Media Paper. I then applied Carved Pumpkin and Candied Apple Distress Inks. As you can see the Gesso acts as a resist and adds a layer of texture to your background without the "bulk" of texture pastes. I then stamped the Jazz Player onto my piece with Jet Black Archival Ink using my MISTI, and once dry I went over it with my Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen. I added the sentiment in Red StazOn ink. Some washi tape added some more texture, which I went around with my Black Soot Distress Crayon for some shading, and also along the edges of the entire piece. Finally,  some black Nuvo drops finished it up. I mounted my piece onto black cardstock (4.24'x5.5') and Voila! You have a fun Masculine Card...which I always struggle with. ;o)


Thank you for stoppin' by and I hope I inspired you to get crafty today! 

2 comments:

Mac Mable said...

I'm always looking for new techniques so thank you for the inspiration of using gesso as a resist...one to try. Great masculine card, love the colours and that music man x

Tracy said...

Fantastic, I love the use of the washi tape. Creative Blessings, Tracy x