Thursday 22 August 2013

Heartfelt Sympathy

Happy Thursday everyone! 1 more day and the weekend is here!!
 Now, for today's card- it's a sympathy card. I've been card-making for years and never made a sympathy card, so I hope you enjoy my card as it's out of the norm for me. :o)
 
 
 
I stamped the Lily Image from Inkadinkado onto white cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir Markers. Stickles in yellow were used for the stamens and I used Glossy accents on the vase.
 
I then inked around the image with Red Ink from Recollections and used the Spellbinders Circle die cut.
I layered the image onto chevron DP paper from Recollections that was die cut with the Die-namics Blueprints 3 die from My favorite Things and layered this onto red cardstock from American Crafts.  I then pierced 2 of the corners and used White clear pearls from Recollections in the opposite corners. I finished it off with a white ribbon and layered it onto the white card base with pop-dots. The Sentiment was self-generated with Word and die cut with the smaller Spellbinders Circles. I finished it off with red ink to match the image.
 
I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by and Happy Stampin'!
 
~Amy~ 


7 comments:

Denise Goeldner said...

This is a wonderful sympathy card love your attention to detail beautifully done, to tell you the truth I have never made one either. Lovely hugs xx

Unknown said...

This is so pretty and you have done an amazing job on it.
Thank you for sharing your God given talents with us by posting in this week’s challenge.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life.
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a very elegant and classy card. I really like the colors and the sweet image. God has blessed you with such amazing talent, and I'm SO grateful to have you share with us. Thanks for your fellowship this week, and PLEASE stop by to play along with us again soon. It's such a blessing to see your sweet art!
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

For being out of your norm, it sure turned out pretty amazing!!! Thank you for sharing it with us at Sentimental Sundays.

Chris said...

Hi Amy, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Anonymous said...

I noticed your card at the sentimental sundays challenge. I love how it has colour in it, a warm, comforting colour. It has a positive note to it, like instead of crying along, you offer a hug and a shoulder to cry upon.
Greetings,
Debbie / Daqa

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful card! I really like the way you colored the flowers and the glossy accents is a fantastic touch. Your card is so elegant and comforting. Thanks so much for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.