Sunday 4 September 2016

STAMPlorations~ Sunday Stencil~ Explore

Good morning crafty peeps! It's that time again...

http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2016/08/stencil-sunday-august-7.html

A new challenge starts today at STAMPlorations!! Woohoo! 

The theme is always anything mixed media goes except a card! Just remember you must use at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. You have until the end of the month to play! 

So this month I played with STAMPlorations Artsy Border Maker and Bold Setiments- Explore stamps along with ARTplorations Some Birds stencil. :o)
  I started with #8 Manilla tag which I covered with TH Tissue Paper and then blended Vintage Photo and Stained Walnut Distress Crayons with my finger. I stamped the edges of the tag with stamps from the "Artsy Border Maker" set with Black Soot Distress Ink

  I then used the "Some Birds" Stencil on the small birds with Ranger Texture Paste on the top and bottom of the tag. I painted the small birds with Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist in Long John Silver as I thought the white didn't blend well with the rest of the tag. I mixed Sunset Gold Pearl Ex with Texture Paste for the large bird and I LOVED the color!! Wish the camera could pick up the shimmer! I finished with stamps from the "Bold Sentiments- Explore" stamped in Walnut Stain Distress Ink and colored in with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I matted both the tag and sentiments with Kraft Cardstock and finished with some seam binding dyed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist in Long John Silver.


I sure hope I've inspired you to get crafty today and play along with us this month!


No comments: