Friday 26 August 2016

Two Paper Divas~ Fun with Alcohol Inks

Good Morning everyone, I'm back to share with you another double feature for
http://www.twopaperdivas.com/

using Feathers and A Cup of Kindness. I have two cards using Alcohol Ink blended backgrounds with these two stamp sets...I must say, these are two of my fav's!!! :o)



For the card bases, I dabbed different alcohol inks onto glossy cardstock. This is a fun technique and therapeutic..as you can stomp your blending tool all around. hehehehe


For the first card, I went with pastel pink and blue. Not a normal color palette for me but was quite pleased with the softness of it. :o)
I stamped the cup and sentiment from the  A Cup of Kindness set with Jet Black Archival Ink. I then inked up white ribbon with Spun SugarDistress Stain as I didn't have a pale pink ribbon...Distress Stains are great for matching up Ribbon and embellishments to you projects. ;o) 
  
A vintage button finished it off. 

Here's the inside:

For the second card, I mixed pink and purple alcohol inks and in my second ink up...I got those dark spots...but I liked them, so kept this piece. Sometimes, it's the errors that turn into beauties! ;o)
 I stamped the feathers and sentiment from the Feathers set with the black archival ink. and just added some "CrushedGrape" Nuvo Crystal Drops for some dimension. 

Here's the inside:

I used a tricolor pigment ink pad, and LURVE how the feather came out:

There you have it, some CAS cards that are both quick and fun to do! :o)  
 
Thank you for stoppin' by and be sure to join me next Friday to see another fun make using this September's NEW RELEASES!! ;o)


Wait...don't forget to check out Two Paper Divas on the blog, FB, Instagram and Pinterest for more product information, DT Inspiration and New Releases.





3 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great technique and gorgeous and unique backgrounds...mistakes or happy accidents yes often do turn out the best and they certainly have here x

Unknown said...

What a great reminder of a fun technique. Both are great cards. Thanks for sharing and reminding us as we are always looking for something new when there are so many "old" things that work great!

Unknown said...

Love the blended backgrounds! Great job! Melissa