Friday 16 November 2018

SCRAP N' STAMP~ November Blog Hop and MOvember Challenge

Happy Friday crafty friends! Today, we have a fun little blog hop for 
Be sure to comment on all the stops on the hop to be eligible for one of three Impression Obsession Retro Masculine Die sets!!! PLUS Scrap N' Stamp will also be donating 10% of net sales today (Hop Day) to the Movember foundation- so be sure to check out the main Blog Hop Post for more information on this great cause!

 AND there's a new challenge starting over at the SCRAP N' STAMP FB Group- the theme is to create a MOvember card which features mustaches or a masculine theme! The prize for the challenge this month is a $50 Gift Card for the SCRAP N' STAMP STORE!! Woot Woot!

So here's the card I made using the Impression Obsession Retro Masculine Die  and the Tim Holtz Hipster Cat.

For my background I die cut all the mustaches in the Impression Obsession Retro Masculine Die  set from Kraft and black cardstock that had Stick It on the back. I found it easier to keep them all together, the way they came in the package, to run them thru my Big Shot, instead of handling the smaller dies. I ran them thru about 5 times each. With the Stick it, this allowed me to adhere them to my card panel easily, as I just had to remove the backing paper. 

I then stamped the Hipster Cat onto White Cardstock with Memento Black Ink and colored him with Copics. I then fussy cut him out as I do not have the coordinating die. I die cut two circles using my Stax Cirles from Black and Kraft cardstock and then stamped the Hipster Cat onto the Kraft circle to get all the details I may have lost when I fussy cut him out. I then adhered my Hipster Cat onto my circle piece. I stacked 3 of the mustaches I had die cut from black cardstock together to get some definition- this was quite easy as the pieces still had the Stick It on the back. I then used one of the hats in the die set to give him a sharp hat to go with his retro hipster look. lol. I added  some white gelly roll highlights and added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to his glasses. A Small Talk Sentiment finished off my cat. I then adhered the circles to my card with foam tape. 


For the inside, I kept with the same relative design that I used on the cardfront but used a Tim Holtz Random Thoughts sentiment and another stach and glasses from the die set. ;o)

I hope I've inspired you to get crafty and play along with our MOvember -stache and/or masculine challenge this month- don't forget there is a $50 gift certificate up for grabs for one Randomly chosen participant in the challenge!

 Also, be sure to hop along ALL the blop stops and COMMENT to be eligible to win one of the 3 Impression Obsession Retro Masculine Die sets!

You are now off to Nancy's Blog to see how she used this fun little die set!

And here's the Blog Hop List, in case you get lost  along the way or are just joining in:
Tara/ SNS blog
Laurie
Amy <-- You are here-->
Nancy
Kia
Jessica


10 comments:

cghundley said...

Cute card and
love the mustaches
background and the
cool cat!
Carla from Utah

Little Folk Art said...

I absolutely love the inside of this card.

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Stunning!

Cindy Holmes said...

My hubby and my dad would go absolutely crazy in love with this card! Love the green eyes for the cat too!

Amy Brown said...

Smart to use the Stick It on the back of each layer to easily complete this card. I love it!

Nancy Frustaci said...

haha love this sassy cat he looks so dapper Great job and so creative

Anonymous said...

Wow - I wouldn't want to mess with this cat! He looks serious! I love the added glasses & moustache :)

Glennis F said...

Wow! that cat is amazing!

Unknown said...

Omgosh,I love this card.Kool cat for sure.

Unknown said...

Omgosh,I love this card.Kool cat for sure.