Wednesday 27 December 2017

Monster Mash Up!

Hello crafty friends! I hope y'all had a wonderful Holiday Season!
With the cold upon us, I decided I wanted some bright and fun little ATC's. 

What's more fun then some little monster's? hehehe. 
Here's my little Monster Mash Up using Monster Party from Create a Smile Stamps and Recollections I'm a Little Monster Collection. I won the Monster Party set at the beginning of the year and have not used them yet..why? I don't know...I think they are so adorable! But I found in cleaning my craftroom, I have quite a few stamps and art supplies I don't use...so that's my New Year's Resolution...to start USING MY STASH!! hehehe


I also am practicing my watercoloring...it's daunting for me, but I had a lot of fun making these little guys. I started by stamping the Monsters in Memento London Fog ink onto Canson Cold Press Watercolor paper. I then applied Distress Inks onto a Clear Stamping Block and used them to color up my little monsters. I used a white Signo Gel Pen for highlights and then fussy cut them out. 

I created my backgrounds using Distress Paints (Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Red Brick, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon) by swiping from the top or bottom edge into the center of the card. 


I applied Seedless Preserves Distress Ink thru a TCW Mini Gothic Romance Stencil and then stamped using Tim Holtz Reflections Number stamp  with Jet Black Archival Ink. I also stamped a netted stamp to create more texture in my background. Unfortunately, I don't have the company name for the stamp as I got it at a craft swap. 

I also stampedDylusions Clearly Borders , Doodled Delight and  Which Way Stamps onto book paper and then colored the Arrows and Doodled Delights with Distress Inks. I then fussy cut them all out and adhered them to my ATC's with Matte Medium.


 I then glued my Monsters to the ATC's with Tombow Mono Aqua Glue as I didn't want the watercolors to reactivate. I then adhered my ATC's to the black cardstock cut to the regular ATC size of 3.5'x2.5'.

 and here's the final lil' SLEEPY head...lol.

Thank you for stopping by today, and I hope I've inspired you with my Monster Mash Up!


No comments: