Skip to main content

Two Paper Divas~ Andy Warhol inspired

Happy Friday Crafty Friends, I'm back to share with you an lil' card I made for

Today, I went for an Andy Warhol inspired card using For Peep's Sake.
 I started by embossing the images onto 2x2' square pieces of Watercolor paper with Black EP. Then I used 5 different Distress Inks in Broken Glass, Wild Honey, Abandoned Coral, Evergreen Bough and Seedless Preserves. I then dropped water droplets onto them and blotting extra water with paper towel, to add some texture. I then backed it with Black Cardstock and adhered it to my white and black card base. 

The  Sentiment was done with 3D pop dots for added dimension and some enamel dots finished it off.
Of course, I had to tie the front of my card to the inside and here it is:

So there's a simple and fun lil' card using this month's new release. Don't forget to come back next Friday, I'll have another fun make to share with you!

oh and did you know Two Paper Divas has a new Challenge? Be sure to check it out here and play along!

Don't forget to check out Two Paper Divas on the blog, FB, Instagram and Pinterest for more product information, DT Inspiration and New Releases. You sure don't want to miss out, we have a lot of fun things happening in March...Ok, Ok, here's a hint...HOP anyone? :o)



Two Paper Divas said…
This is such a fun card!! Love the layout and overall idea. :O) Melissa
Chark said…
cuteness galore!
Love the Andy warhol look!!!
Love the Andy warhol look!!!
Love the backgrounds! I thought it was DP until I read your process! Soo pretty!
Cindy Groh said…
What a fabulous Easter card. Cool sentiment and how the words are placed.

Popular posts from this blog

TAGplorations~January Challenge

Woohoo! It's time for another TAGplorations Challenge!

This month's theme is WINTER and the optional twist is: TEXTURE PASTE
Here's my tag 

I started with the largest Manila Tags Die cut from MDF board and applied some pieces of cardboard. I then applied a layer of Gesso. Once dry, I applied Prima Platinum Crackle Texture Paste in random areas and let it air dry so I could get the crackle effect. 
I then used Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays in browns and blues to add some color to my background. Then I added the Snowman I  created using different sized circles cut from scrap papers in my stash. I used Vintage Photo Distress Crayon on the edges for some highlights and dimension. I created his arms from the TH Bird Branch Die and tied the Sentiment (TH Christmas Word Bands) with twine. 

I finished with the Uppercase Alpha in the bottom as that's my wish...for Peace. 
And some Paper Smooches Stars Die cuts finished off my tag.

I sure hope you join us for this fun challenge and I…

STAMPlorations~ Give Thanks Blog Hop!

There's a big  happening over at STAMPlorations today!
We have a lot of designers with some wonderful GIVING THANKS makes and some amazing prizes! There's also a linky party for you to share your THANKFUL/GRATEFUL makes, so be sure to hop along and link up!
Today I have 2 tags using alcohol inks and the new Gratitude is the Blossom - Typografia Thankful and Something to be Thankful for - Typografia Thankful stamp sets. 

I created backgrounds using different warm colors of Alcohol Inks and cut them out using TAGplorations- Tags 1. I then stamped the Gratitude is the Blossom - Typografia Thankful and Something to be Thankful for - Typografia Thankful sentiments with Jet Black Archival ink and added some doodles using Metallic Sharpie pens. Some Skittles finished them off. 
Here's my Something to be Thankful For tag:
I also used flowers from the Large Dogwood stamp set and fussy cut them out for my Gratitude Tag

I hope you've enjoyed my hop on to Helen Gullett'…

STAMPlorations~ Sanna's Stencil Release Hop!

Woohoo! STAMPlorations is having a Hop showcasing the lovely Sanna Lippert's Stencil Designs!
Be sure to  check out all her amazing me, you'll LOVE THEM!! 
I used Trees 1 and Flowers 2 and made an art journal page:

I used my Mini Art Journal ..which was a kiddies MDF book. I applied DecoArt NEON acrylic paints  with a brayer. Once dry, I applied a little white gesso with the brayer to soften the background. I then created a Circle mask from acetate and used the same bright acrylic paints thru the FLOWERS 2 stencil . This mask allowed for me to create the "flower bubbles" on my page. 
I then used black acrylic paint thru the TREES 1 Stencil as I felt my page needed some black. I then used my Jane Davenport pen around my "bubbles" and doodled to highlight them.  I finished with my sentiment from Create Bold Sentiments set and the CUTplorations Uppercase Die set
I sure hope I've inspired you today and be sure to continue hoppin' as there ar…