Saturday 1 March 2014

Ode to My Mother!

Happy Saturday Everyone! 
It's time for a new Monthly Challenge 
at
http://gruffiesandguests.blogspot.ca/

Our theme this month is:

FIT FOR MOM OR SPECIAL FEMALE

Our lovely sponsor this challenge is:
http://www.scribbleandscrap.co.uk/ 
Prize: £15 voucher


CS is from American Crafts. Die is "In Spades" by Spellbinders. Paper & Metal flower are from Michaels. Pearls and brad are from my stash. 

This is a new technique for me- printing on Kraft and coloring with Chalk & Pencils. I stamped the HM Image "Nose to Nose in Flowers" with Memento Black and used SN Markers, chalk and pencils to color it in. But I really love how the chalk on the flowers "POP' with the Kraft. :o)

 I also used yellow stickles in the flower centers for contrast and  finished it off with a faux stitching border. The poem is by "Friends" by Valerie S. Rios. I just switched it to my mother.


 Of course this is for my mom, she loves Purple, flowers and House Mouse stamps. Think I'll save this for a "just because" moment; just to make her smile. 

Well I sure hope you will join us in this sweet lil' challenge. Just remember you must use a Gruffies, Hopper or House Mouse design on your card. 

~Hugs~

Amy
 


3 comments:

shaz earl said...

Another gorgeous card Amy! and a beautiful verse
Hugs Shaz x

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card and what a gorgeous image coloured so beautifully and those papers are also stunning x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Stunning card love the image and papers. I have just bought the cd so will have to use it now. Love Alison xx