Tuesday 18 June 2013

Father's Day

I find male cards the hardest to do, because embellishing them can be difficult...sigh. However, I made 3 Father's day cards. Yep my father is one lucky fella! hehehe

As soon as I saw this digital stamp from Justinklined.com I knew I had to have it! I mean come on, it's  aptly named "Like Father, Like Daughter" and everything, I couldn't resist! Anyone who knows either my dad or me, knows this stamp rings true on a Sunday afternoon!  I colored it using Spectrum Noir Markers .The sentiment is from   Daddy's Heartbeat Sentiments Pack from Whimsy Stamps and was cut out using Labels Twenty- Eight Die from Spellbinders. I embellished it using American Craft Ribbons, Baker's Twine, buttons and brads.



 This card I made from my dog for his Grandpa. I know, I know...but Bubbaganoush is the only "grandkid" they have from me so far....so I do what I have to do in order to avoid the Marriage and Kids conversations. hehehehe. This was a 3D cut-out "Slouch Couch" from Craftsuprint.com. I decided on a Center Step card (instructions available at Splitcoaststampers) and layered the different pieces onto the base card with Silicone glue. Buttons, bakers twine and bling were used for embellishments. I tied the card to Bubba's collar and he delivered it himself...my dad loved it!



My Mom had requested a card as well for my dad...who was I to object? So this is another 3D cut-out "Father, On your special day" from   Craftsuprint.com. I did a 5.5' square based card. Layers the bases and used silicone glue for the 3D images. A button and bakers twine finished it off.

This is the inside of the card. I used the small Labels Twenty- Eight Die from Spellbinders with the sentiment from the 3D cut-pack, pearls and a bow to finish it off. Who says men don't need bling??


Happy Craftin', 

Amy


No comments: