Sunday 20 May 2018

STAMPlorations~ Be Bold, Be True, Be You


Happy Sunday everyone! It's time for another

Today, I'm sharing a lil' Mixed Media Hanger I made for STAMPlorations Sunday Stencil #110 and for the

To keep with this month's THINGS WITH WINGS theme, I used Some Birds ARTplorations Stencil, along with a sentiment from Trendy Birds 2 STAMPlorations set along with the CUTplorations Upper and Lowercase Alphabet Plates. 


. The designers have created some fabulous mixed media projects to inspire you. You can find them  hereso be sure to check them out and leave them some luv! :o) 


I started with a long  8x36' Canvas Board and collaged some old book paper onto the back ground with Matte Medium. Once dry, I added a coat of Clear Gesso and once that layer was dry, I then  mixed Burnt Umber acrylic paint and Glazing Medium to  to create a glaze and then applied it to the board and wiped off with a baby wipe, as I just wanted the color in where the paper seams. 

I then mixed Black Gesso with Modelling Paste and applied the paste thru the Some Birds stencil. I flipped over the stencil for the middle birdie. I then cut out the Sentiments by the birds from tthe Upper and Lowercase Alphabet Plates and adhered with Matte Medium. 


I finished with one of the TH Display Hangers  and stamped "BE FREE" from the Trendy Birds 2 stamp set. 

Voila! A fun little hanging art piece for my craftroom! :o)


Don't forget there is still time to join in the Monthly Challenge here.  

I sure hope I've inspired you to get crafty today! Oh and don't forget if you use code "STAMPGIRLAMY" you can get 20% off your purchase! :o)

Thank you for stoppin' by and have a great day!







No comments: